Currently Conducting Research:
Creative Minnesota: The Health and Impacts of the Nonprofit Arts and Culture Sector.
To be released:
WHEN: At Arts Advocacy Day, Feb. 19, 2015, 3PM
WHERE: Ordway Center for Performing Arts
A new study on the health and impacts of the nonprofit arts and culture sector will be released at Minnesota Citizens for the Arts’ Arts Advocacy Day, Feb. 19, 2015.
As the most comprehensive report ever done about the sector’s health and economic impact, Creative Minnesota breaks out data both statewide and regionally. The study includes eleven regional reports that quantify the economic impact from 1269 arts and culture organizations in every corner of the state.
The first of an ongoing series of biannual reports, Creative Minnesota is a snapshot of the health and impacts of the nonprofit arts and culture sector in 2013. This report looks at spending by nonprofit arts and culture organizations and their audiences as well as other indicators of the sector’s health and impact on the economy.
Creative Minnesota was developed by a collaborative of arts and culture funders in partnership with Minnesota Citizens for the Arts (MCA). The report leverages new opportunities for in depth research provided by Minnesota’s participation in the Cultural Data Project (culturaldata.org). The Creative Minnesota team includes Minnesota Citizens for the Arts, The McKnight Foundation, the Minnesota State Arts Board, the Forum of Regional Arts Councils of Minnesota, Target, the Bush Foundation, Mardag Foundation, and Jerome Foundation, with in-kind support from the Minnesota Historical Society and others. After Feb. 19, the report and additional research about Minnesota’s arts and cultural community can be downloaded at: creativemn.org.
MCA’s Original Research
The Arts: A Driving Force in Minnesota’s Economy
In 2006, MCA and the Forum of Regional Arts Councils produced this first ever Statewide and Regional Economic Impact Study of the Arts in Minnesota.
Artists Count: An Economic Impact Study of Artists in Minnesota
In 2007, MCA teamed with Springboard for the Arts and the Minnesota Craft Council to produce this nationally recognized study, which measures the economic impact of individual artists in Minnesota.
Statewide and regional results included – How does your community compare?
Additional Arts Research
The Arts in Minnesota
- Arts-Related Businesses in Minnesota Employ 55,040 People.
- Arts-Related Businesses: How do we stack up against other states?
- Arts-Related Businesses: Twin Cities economy thrives with arts jobs and businesses.
- Artists from across the US find the Twin Cities is their No. 1 Market
- A Summary of Facts & Figures
- Arts Organizations & Artists in MN
- Minneapolis Creative Index 2013
- MN Arts Make State Great Place to Raise Kids
- MN’s Arts Appropriations History Over 30 Years
- Theater in MN
- The Arts Promote MN Tourism
The Arts in the United States
- Americans Attend the Arts
- Public Participation in the Arts Continues to Grow
- Americans Want to Participate in Arts Events
The Arts & Economics
- Creative Industries Report: Arts Business & Employment
- The Arts Help MN Businesses Thrive
- Jobs are Created by the Arts
- Consumer Spending on the Arts Tops $12 Billion
- The Arts’ Impact on National Economy
- Quotations from Business Leaders About the Arts
The Arts & Education
- Harris Poll Finds Overwhelming Support for Arts Education
- Arts Education is Important to Minnesotans
- Arts Education is Important to American Adults
- Arts Students Score Better on Student Assessment Tests
- Arts Programs Help At-Risk Youth
- The Arts Teach Important Work Skills
- Quotations on Arts & Education
The Arts & Professional Sports
The Arts & Politics
- The National Endowment for the Arts in MN
- Why We Support Public Funding for the Arts
- Quotations by Elected Officials in Support of the Arts
Love & Magic: Why We Dig the Arts
- Cultured People Happier, Less Stressed
- Study: Reading Novels Makes Us Better Thinkers
- Artist Named “Most Important Human of the Millenium”
- The Arts Save Lives
- Opera: The Hidden Dangers
Nonprofit Organizations Benefit Minnesota & United States
- Philanthropy & Tax Treatment of Nonprofits in MN
- MN’s Nonprofit Community is Strong and Growing
- Giving by Individuals is Up in the United States
- America Has Confidence in its Nonprofit Organizations
- Minnesotans Oppose Taxation of Charities
- MN is Nation’s “Most Caring State”
- Supporting Enlightened Tax Policy for Nonprofit Arts Organizations
Volunteering is Strong in Minnesota & United States